New Year Snowman

Happy New Year 2013!!

Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Managed to make a great Christmas tree on my Tumblr

This is how it looks like
Another achievement for me today, finally managed to make an early Christmas tree for my Tumblr. It looks great and I’m quite contented with this addition. :)
Of course I didn’t write the entire code for this tree, this code is made by someone I got from this link. But I’ve made some additions to it, the additions are not made without reason. These are the reasons for me to customize it a bit:
1. The sentence “happy holiday” in the original code isn’t what I want to describe in my blog, so I changed it to “merry christmas” instead
2. I removed the original code which make a banner “CSS3 Christmas Tree with Snow | Script Tutorials” on the top of the tree, that’s look ugly so I removed it. But I know this wasn’t made without reason, and the reason is the author want some credits for this code. So I’m now crediting him/her in another way, and that way is making this post and include the link of the source. I hope he/she doesn’t mind :)
3. Changed the original falling snow png. The reason is not that the original one isn’t good, but the url of the original falling snow is maybe dead and I got no falling snow show up using that code. So I make a google search to get another falling snow image and I got what I’m using it right now from here. It’s gif file while the original one is a png file. And the original code include 3 different png files for the tree, but I’m now using just one gif file and make it falls in three different locations using the original code transition effects.
4. Changed the original "head","body","header" in the code to "head-tree,"body-tree","header-tree" because it conflicted with the codes in my current Tumblr theme. And also the “div-class=”container”” to “div-class=”container-tree”“, the reason is same. :)
That’s all I want to share to u today, have a good day and God bless u all :)

Update: the tree has been copied to blogger now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate Into Your Desired Language Here